Angie and Trevor were recent guests on the Get Fit Guy Podcast to talk about how to train for a long distance race. It was a short but fun interview. Listen here. Topics covered include:
- The dangers of doing too much too soon.
- Why you shouldn’t always push your training pace in an attempt to feel “like a real runner.”
- Why it is a mistake to make running your only activity. Cross training is important!
- How to set a realistic time goal.
- Why you shouldn’t worry if your half marathon times don’t correlate to your full marathon times.
- Tips for race day, like finding the start line before the race, worrying about sleep the night before the race, and allowing adequate time to digest before you run.