Angie and Trevor were recent guests on the Get Fit Guy Podcast to talk about how to train for a long distance race. It was a short but fun interview. Listen here. Topics covered include:
- The dangers of doing too much too soon.
- Why you shouldn’t always push your training pace in an attempt to feel “like a real runner.”
- Why it is a mistake to make running your only activity. Cross training is important!
- How to set a realistic time goal.
- Why you shouldn’t worry if your half marathon times don’t correlate to your full marathon times.
- Tips for race day, like finding the start line before the race, worrying about sleep the night before the race, and allowing adequate time to digest before you run.
No comments yet.