[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now]
Joe De Sena once completed the Badwater 135, Lake Placid Ironman, and Vermont 100 miler in the same week.
He famously finished the 444 mile Iditarod dogsledding race on foot. (Yes people you read that correctly). He starts every morning with 300 burpees and a run then he hoses off with a cold shower JUST FOR FUN. 🙂
His legendary Death Race has taken the strongest human specimens and ground them to powder.
I’ve heard that Chuck Norris has a Joe De Sena lunch box.
Interview with Joe De Sena
In this interview Joe distills the ingredients of success from his over 125 interviews with the world’s toughest athletes, innovators, and world changers.
What Makes for Success?
Here’s what Joe says . . .
- It won’t work without hard work.
- You’ve got to know where the **** you’re going.
- You got to commit publicly.
- You got to have the right frame of reference.
- You got to delay gratification.
You can either go to bed satisfied with your efforts today or stressed with what you left for tomorrow. You can either work hard to take on the hill or never know what it is that people see at the top. -Joe De Sena
Also Mentioned in This Episode
- Spartan Up Podcast
- Spartan Up! The Book
- The Good Lie -Movie
- MTA Boston Marathon Meetup
- Running Magazines – Runner’s World; Running Times; Marathon and Beyond; Trail Runner; Ultra Runner; Competitor; Club Running
Thanks for being a fan of the show! We’d love to hear from you.
Other posts recommended for you:
2014 Podcast Interview with Joe De Sena
Interview with Ben Greenfield
Interview with Michael Wardian
Effective Core Training for Runners
Indoor Marathons and MENTAL TOUGHNESS