*[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now]
In this episode we speak with Dr. Greg Wells, a Canadian physicist, adventurer and author of the book Rest, Refocus, Recharge: A Guide for Optimizing Your Life.
Interview with Dr. Greg Wells
Greg Wells is a performance physiologist, a researcher in translational medicine, and CEO of a Wells Performance a global consulting firm. He is also the author of The Ripple Effect and Superbodies. He and his family make their home in Toronto, Canada.
- Tell us what you do as a performance physiologist and researcher in translational medicine.
- Long distance runners often focus a lot on the workout side of the equation and are often not as deliberate about recovery. Can you tell us why being deliberate about recovery can help us get the most out of ourselves and feel better in the process?
- I’m endlessly fascinated by sleep and as an endurance runner know how important it is for me to feel good and perform well. What are some practical things we can do to sleep better?
- Much of how we experience stress is how we think about it. Why is it important to pivot from seeing stress as a threat to a challenge?
- One big current stress has been the global pandemic and all the uncertainty surrounding this. How can we activate awareness to gain a better perspective of our current situation (or any future stressful situation)?
- How is mindfulness helpful in changing the brain? What are some concrete things that people can do to be more mindful in daily life?
- What are some of the benefits of cold therapy?
- What is the Act-Feel-Think sequence?
Also Mentioned in This Episode
Dr. Gret Wells on the internet drgregwells.com
Coach Soak -Bath soaks that restore and soothe your sore muscles and joints so you can perform at your best. MTA listeners save 15% on their first order at CoachSoak.com. Use promo code “MTA” at checkout.
Magic Spoon Cereal -Delicous breakfast cereal with 0 sugar, 12 grams of protein, and only 3 net grams of carbs in each serving! Use the code MTA to get free shipping.
The “Social Distancing” Run -virtual race we are hosting.
MTA Coaching Services -personal coaching to take your running to the next level.
Great interview! I’m going to get his book. What was the other book that Angie mentioned she was reading about aging?