*[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now]
Adam and Tim are the authors of the Book Running the Edge – Discover the Secrets of Better Running and a Better Life.
The edge is the outer reaches of your potential as a runner. We are all pursuing that edge to discover what we are capable of (because we know we are capable of more).
In running everyone who participates is a hero. Every runner must undergoes a training process and every runner must stick it out to be successful. You must push back against adversity and discomfort to accomplish your goal.
You may not be an elite runner but you are striving for a personal best. The only person you must beat is your former self. Even if you can only run 3 miles so far, you have reason to celebrate because a few months ago you couldn’t run even 1 mile.
The first step to running the edge in your running and life is INITIATIVE.
What if Superman lacked initiative to save the day? What if all his potential went unused? Superpowers are great, but without initiative, responsibility, determination, adaptability, integrity, and personability you can’t tap into your latent potential.
Are You a Distance Maven?:
Adam and Tim say a distance maven is a person who is dedicating themselves to pursuing excellence in their running and life. See how many of the following points apply to you.
- desire to harness the passion and energy you have for running and use it to fuel excellence in other areas of your life including career, family, friendships, education, etc.
- reject the idea of living a normal or average life
- want to be excellent in everything
- believe life should be fun – that you should play as hard as you work and work as hard as you live
- strive for peak physical, mental, and emotional fitness
- want to Run The Edge and Live The Edge as you chase your maximum potentials and stretch your limits
- have a sincere desire to learn, grow, and become a better person
- believe “good enough” isn’t good enough
- want to be authentic and genuine; as honest with yourself as you are with others
- want to display the best parts of yourself in a supportive community without fear or negative energy
- want a place to share you passion for the running and for life
“Running the Edge” is a must-read for any runner. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been running for 5 days or 50 years. This book will motivate you and help you become a better version of yourself.
Quick Tip: Compression Socks
Compression socks- CEP compression socks
Benefits: In addition to blister prevention, CEP socks provide more oxygen, improved blood circulation, muscle and joint stabilization, an improved metabolization of lactic acid, and faster recovery so you can return to training quicker than ever. Plus you get a good warm-up just trying to get them on.