In this podcast episode we speak with plant-based runner and fellow podcaster Claire Bartholic.
Claire explains how she took an hour off her marathon time to ultimately run a PR of 2:58 at the age of 42! What are the keys that allowed her to make such a dramatic improvement in the marathon? Let’s find out!
Links Mentioned in This Episode
MetPro -Get $500 off nutrition coaching! Speak with a metabolic expert about your goals.
Athletic Greens -Get 5 free travel packs and a 1 year supply of vitamin D with your first purchase.
InsideTracker -analyzes your blood, DNA, and fitness tracking data to identify where you’re optimized—and where you’re not. Get 20% off the entire InsideTracker store with our link!
Claire Bartholic is a Certified Running Coach and Sports Nutrition Specialist, host of The Planted Runner Podcast. From Claire’s bio, “She started running in her mid-30s simply to get in shape for her high school reunion. . . But something changed in her as the miles slowly added up. The reunion came and went and she kept running.”
Here are the questions we asked Claire,
- How did you get started as a runner?
- What led you to run your first marathon? How did that go?
- What were the keys for you to go from a 4:02 marathoner to running a 2:58 marathon?
- How did you start following a plant-based eating plan?
- What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
- What would you say to the runner who is plant-based curious? Does it have to be all in to see results or are there ways to incorporate more plant based meals without going vegan?
- It’s not just enough to put in the training (although following a proper training plan is important). How does mindset play a key role in running success?
- You’re a master’s runner (over 40). Do you think there’s anything that master’s runners need to be doing differently when it comes to success at the marathon distance?