*[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now]
In this episode we speak with comedian, filmmaker, and ultrarunner Jeffrey Binney about his documentary “Once is Enough”. Plus Coach Angie will help you do a mid-year check in on your running goals.
Interview with Jeffrey Binney
From the film description:
After losing his mother to obesity caused heart disease, a thirty-two year old chubby ginger comedian and vegan son-of-a-pig-farmer sets out to avoid the same fate by running one of the world’s most difficult 100 mile ultramarathons…and lives to tell jokes about it.
Links for This Interview
See the film Once is Enough on Amazon.
The film’s website is: http://www.onceisenoughfilm.com
Also Mentioned in This Episode
Mid-Year Running Check In
This has been a very unusual year and if you’re anything like me the goals that you set back in January have shifted and changed over the past few months. Since we’re now officially half way through 2020 this can be a good time to do a mid-year check in and evaluation of your life and goals.
Here are some questions that I like to ask myself:
- What’s working for me right now? How are you succeeding?
- What’s not working for me right now? How are you struggling? What are your weak areas? What resources can you use to shore up the weak areas?
- Check in with your identity as a runner. How has running, fitness, and your motivation shifted for you since most in-person races have been cancelled?
- What do you want to accomplish in the next 6 months? It can be helpful to set multi-layered goals- ie- if there are races this fall vs. if there aren’t races this fall. Some goals can be challenging (stretch goals) and some should be fun. Not all goals need to have a deep purpose.
- Are you being intentional about recovery/rest? It’s important to find ways to de-stress and recover physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Here are some past episodes related to this topic:
Athletic Greens -Use our link to claim your special offer today – 20 FREE travel packs valued at $79 with your first purchase.
Coach Soak -Bath soaks that restore and soothe your sore muscles and joints so you can perform at your best. MTA listeners save 15% on their first order at CoachSoak.com. Use promo code “MTA” at checkout.