*[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now]
In this episode with we hang out with Martin Yelling and Tom Williams from the Marathon Talk Podcast. In this virtual meet up you will hear us discuss the work that goes into podcasting, getting dream guests, top picks for U.K. and U.S. marathons, angry fruitarians, recent running adventures, and more.
MTA Meets Marathon Talk
It’s been fun to collaborate with other podcasters through the years. Martin and Tom started their show around the same time we did back in 2010 (which makes them old in podcasting years). They have a loyal following around the world. I hope you enjoy listening to our virtual hang out.
Some Recommended Marathons
We all thought the big marathons like London, NYC, Chicago and Boston would be too obvious so here are some picks for smaller races in the U.K. and U.S..
- The Isle of Purbeck Marathon -a small marathon with lots of trails. Martin is happy to point out that this race is along the West Coast Path.
- The Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon takes place in a fantastic city with lots of history.
- The Abingdon Marathon is good for running a PB.
- The Manchester Marathon if you want a big city race that’s not London.
- I love the New Orleans Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon. It’s in a charming city with great culture and food. Flat course too!
- I haven’t done this one yet but lots of folks love the Disney World Marathon “Dopey Challenge” but be prepared to get up at 2:00 a.m. to get on the bus and spend lots of money.
- The Des Moines Marathon in Des Moines, Iowa puts on an excellent race with great food.
- The Fargo Marathon is in the least visited state in the U.S. but they put on a really fun race.
Also Mentioned in This Episode . . .
Marathon Talk website: http://www.marathontalk.com/index.php
Health IQ -Marathon Training Academy is sponsored by Health IQ an insurance company that helps health conscious people get special rates on life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/mta to support the show and learn more.
State and Liberty -State and Liberty is on a mission to provide athletically fit guys the fit, feel and professional look they deserve in a dress shirt. They provide more room in the upper body with an extremely tailored waist leaving minimal excess fabric hanging off the body. The shirts are crafted from athletic performance fabric so they are stretchy, moisture wicking and low maintenance (wrinkle free and no dry cleaning). Visit www.stateandliberty.com and use code MTA to get 15% off and a free blender bottle with your first order.