*Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now
In addition to running over 100 marathons, Lisa Smith-Batchen has completed the Badwater Ultra Marathon 9 times (winning twice).
In 2010 she ran 50 miles in 50 states in 62 days raising money for orphan charities.
Her new challenge is completing the Badwater Quad (4 back to back Badwater crossings). To accomplish this feat she will run a total of 600 miles in the merciless summer heat of Death Valley, California.
- When did you start running and why?
- What is your organization Dreamchasers all about?
- You were featured in the books “Born to Run” by Christopher McDougall and “To the Edge” by Kirk Johnson. In Born to Run you’re quoted as saying, “I love the Beast. I actually look forward to the Beast showing up, because every time he does, I handle him better. I get him more under control.” Tell us what “The Beast” is.
- How much of what you do has to do with a positive attitude and a belief that you CAN do this? How do you build a positive attitude? – submitted by Daniella
- As runners, we all have negative thoughts or “Monkey Thoughts.” What type of negative thoughts do you deal with (especially during an ultra) and how do you overcome them? – submitted by Roberto
- What do you think about “hitting the wall” during a marathon?
- Do you think an ultra is something we everyday people can do? Or do you think that you have to be built in a certain way, physically and mentally, to be able to accomplish this? – submitted by Edith
- You’re officially retired from racing but you still maintain a very full schedule of training, work, and caring for two young children. How do you balance everything and maintain a healthy home environment?
- You’re running the Badwater Quad this summer to raise money for orphanages in Africa. How did you get connected with this charity and how will the funds benefit these children?
- What exactly does the quad entail and what kind of support will you have along the way?
- What type of things do you do to stay injury free? Do you cross train?
Quick Tip: Vitacost.com
This is a good source for discounted vitamins, supplements, fueling products, gluten-free, whole foods, and health foods. Use our referral code and save $10 on your first order.
No comments yet.