*[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now]
Ben Greenfield is one of the top nutrition and fitness experts in the country. He competes in multiple triathlons each year, including the Hawaii Iron Man, and is a personal trainer, author, and host of the popular new podcast The Get-Fit Guy.
We had the opportunity to talk with Ben and ask him some key questions about nutrition for marathoners.
Many runners I talk to want to know more about the best foods for fueling the body and providing optimum support for marathon training.
Well . . . you are about to get a nutritional overhaul . . . so hang on tight!
Here are the Questions we asked Ben
- What got you interested in the study of nutrition?
- What do you see as the key components of a healthy diet for a long distance runner or endurance athlete?
- What do you eat before, during, and after a long workout?
- Many runners find themselves either gaining weight or struggling to lose weight while they are training for a marathon and increasing their miles. Why do you think this occurs and what are some suggestions for someone who wants to run a marathon and still lose weight?
- What kind of nutritional supplements would you recommend for a long distance runner?
- What advice to you have for someone who is trying to break poor nutritional dietary habits like sugar, soda, and fast food?
Where to Find More by Ben Greenfield
You can get free articles, videos, and podcasts about nutrition over at bengreenfieldfitness.com
Also Mentioned in this Episode. . .
Angie’s Vacation Reading List
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
The Last Pick by David J. McGillivray
My Life on the Run by Bart Yasso
Staying Fit While on Vacation
* Don’t try to maintain the same exercise schedule that you have at home
* Get up before everyone else and get your run in
* Research what your vacation area has to offer in terms of fitness and activities
* Incorporate your family in your fitness
* Try to do something every day that gets your blood moving through the body
Here’s to your marathon training success!