*[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now]
In this podcast episode we bring you a conversation with Coree Woltering— an ultra-runner and competitor on the Amazon Prime series World’s Toughest Race: Eco Challenge. He also set the fastest known time (FKT) on the 1,200 mile Ice Age Trail in Wisconsin this year. And in the quick tip segment, Coach Angie shares a list of running and fitness related books she’s enjoyed this year.
Interview with Coree Woltering
Coree Woltering is a 30 year old ultra-runner from Ottawa, IL. He’s known for rocking a Speedo during races and for his hard work and positive attitude. Coree champions diversity in the outdoor world so that everyone can find a role model who looks like them. Some of his accomplishments include:
- 5:30:15 at the 2016 Tunnel Hill 50 Miles
- 2:26 marathon PR at the 2016 Chicago Marathon
- 1st at the Superior Spring 50k 2019
- 2nd at the American River 50M & Quicksilver 50k 2018
- 4th at the Superior 100 Mile 2018
- Western States 100M Finisher
- 3rd at The Dunes 100 Mile 2017
- 2x Ironman 70.3 World Championship Finisher
- World’s Toughest Race Eco-Challenge Fiji 2019. He was on team Onyx -an all Black team from the USA.
- Ice Age Trail FKT. The Ice Age Trail is a 1,200 mile (1,900 km) trail in Wisconsin so called because of the geologic features left behind by the glaciers that once covered Wisconsin. Fun fact! There are 11 National Scenic Trails in the USA. Coree finished this FKT in 21 days, 13 hours, and 35 minutes.
Also Mentioned in This Episode . . .
Here are some running/fitness/physical health/mindset/endurance/adventure books that I’ve enjoyed this year.
- The Extra Mile by Pam Reed
- That Wild Country by Mark Kenyon
- The Survivors Club by Ben Sherwood
- Sometimes Courage by Kitty Robinson
- How Bad Do You Want It? By Matt Fitzgerald
- Science of Running by Chris Napier
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie
- Running With Sherman by Christopher McDougall
- Glute Lab: The Art and Science of Strength & Physique Training by Bret Contreras
- Rest, Refocus, Recharge by Greg Wells
- Payoff- The Hidden Logic That Shapes Our Motivations by Dan Ariely
- Suck At Something by Karen Rinaldi
- What Doesn’t Kill Us by Scott Carney
- The Pursuit of Endurance by Jennifer Pharr Davis
- Devil At My Heels by Louis Zamperini
- With the Wind by Sam Chelanga
- Mind of a Survivor by Megan Hine
- In Praise of Walking by Shane O’Mara