In this episode we share our favorite books from 2023 (both running and non-running). Plus Trevor attempts to relate Socrates to marathon training!
Lagoon Sleep -Save 25% off the Performance Pack (a pillow, silk pillowcase, travel bag and runners cap) – that’s $70 off! Or save $120 off the Peak Sleep Set (2 pillows and 2 silk pillowcases).
Joint Health PLUS -The main active ingredients are clinically proven to reduce joint pain, reduce joint stiffness, and improve joint flexibility in just 7-10 days. Save 20% by using code MTA20 before Dec 20th!
REVEL Mt Charleston Marathon & Half -will take place on April 6, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada. We ran this last year and loved it! Use our code to save $10 off your registration!
2before -a natural sports performance superfood made from New Zealand Blackcurrant berries. Get 30% off a 20 pack, plus free shipping when you use code “MTA” at checkout.
Book Talk 2023
Authors we Interviewed on the Podcast from this Year
- The Longest Race: Inside the Secret World of Abuse, Doping, and Deception on Nike’s Elite Running Team by Kara Goucher
- Good for a Girl: A Woman Running in a Man’s World by Lauren Fleshman
- Choose Strong: The Choice That Changes Everything by Sally McRae
- It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint: My Road to the Marathon and Ph.D. by Dr. Vanessa Corcoran
- The Race That Changed Running: The Inside Story of UTMB by Doug Mayer
- Slow AF Run Club: The Ultimate Guide for Anyone Who Wants to Run by Martinus Evans
- Long Run to Glory: The Story of the Greatest Marathon in Olympic History and the Women That Made it Happen by Stephen Lane
- Master of Change: How to Excel When Everything Is Changing – Including You by Brad Stulberg
- Run Smarter- Evidence Based Guidance and Expert Opinions to Help you Survive and Thrive as a Runner by Brodie Sharp
My Top 10 Non-Fiction Reads
I read a total of 250 books in 2023 (105 fiction and 145 non fiction).
- In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl’s Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park
- River Flow: New and Selected Poems by David Whyte
- Good Inside- A Guide to Becoming the Parent You Want to Be by Dr. Becky Kennedy
- All My Knotted Up Life by Beth Moore
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottlieb
- Dopamine Nation- Finding Balance in the Age of Indulgence by Anna Lembke
- Ultra Processed People- The Science Behind Food That Isn’t Food by Chris van Tulleken
- Life in Five Senses- How Exploring the Senses Got Me Out of My Head and Into the World by Gretchen Rubin
- Sure, I’ll Join Your Cult- A Memoir of Mental Illness and the Quest to Belong Anywhere by Maria Bamford
- Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents- How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents by Lindsay C. Gibson
My Top 5 Fiction Reads
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
- The Running Grave by Robert Galbraith (book 7 in the Cormoran Strike Series)
- The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean
Trevor’s Top Non-Fiction Reads
Trevor read a total of 60 books in 2023.
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Singer
- Skip the Line: The 10,000 Experiments Rule and Other Surprising Advice for Reaching Your Goals by James Altucher
- Why the Dutch are Different: A Journey into the Hidden Heart of the Netherlands -Ben Coats
- Medieval Horizons: Why the Middle Ages Matter by Ian Mortimer
- Grandma Gatewood’s Walk: The Inspiring Story of the Woman Who Saved the Appalachian Trail by Ben Montgomery
- Rescuing Socrates, How the Great Books Change My Life and Why They Matter for a New Generation by Roosevelt Montas