Congrats to our coaching client Chad Brager on his epic six weeks of racing and testing his endurance!
In 6 weeks he completed 3 marathons, 3 half marathons, a Spartan Beast, a sprint triathlon, multiple virtual races including a trail 12K, and OrangeTheory Hell Week.
“I am having some reflective moments . . . and looking back at it, I really cannot believe what I did in October-November. I am not sure I will ever be able to match the sheer intensity and volume of racing that I did over these last 6 weeks ever again.
I want to cry, I am so happy. I thought I would be hating life and want to quit racing after this. I imagined being burnt out. None of it happened. I feel better than I ever have. I am tired, and sore, but I enjoy that feeling. Thanks, MTA Coach Lynn!”
See his list of races . . .
- Virtual Boston Marathon
- Sprint Triathlon (a marathon is always challenging, and following that up with a tri 2 days later was a thrill. I was shocked at my recovery)
- Big Bear Spartan Beast (hell on earth, soul sucker, whatever you want to call it..I’ve never been so beat up from a race ever)
- Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Half Marathon
- Virtual New York City Marathon
- Los Angeles Marathon (back to back marathons…never done that…3rd marathon in five weeks…never imagined EVER doing that. Intended to take it easy and run 5:30. Instead, I fell in love with my pacer, pushed myself to my limit and set a PR with a 4:54)
- REVEL Big Bear Half Marathon (finished in 1:55:36)