Personalized Coaching Services
The purpose of coaching is to take you further in your training than you can take yourself. MTA Coaches are hand-selected based on their qualifications and experience, plus personal achievement in their own running life. All MTA coaches have the same coaching philosophy that we advocate for here at MTA of (1) quality running over quantity, (2) focused cross-training (3) and injury prevention.
We excel at helping runners . . .
- Train for first marathon, half marathon or ultra
- Run faster. Achieve a personal record (PR) or Boston qualifying time.
- Run further. Safely train for back to back marathons and mileage increases while minimizing injuries.
- Get your fitness back. Systematically build your fitness to its pre-injury level.
- Run more efficiently. Fine tune your nutrition, fueling, and form.
- Implementation of race day strategy. Your coach will help you evaluate the course and formulate a solid plan for getting through the tough parts of your marathon.
- Stay motivated -develop positive habits that last a lifetime.
Your current running level does not matter, we are good at training both beginners and experienced runners!
Meet the MTA Coaches . . .
Coach Angie Spencer
- Co-Founder of Marathon Training Academy podcast
- Bachelor of Science from Montana State University. Registered Nurse for over 15 years
- RRCA and USTAF Certified Running Coach
- Veteran of over 48 Marathons and Ultras
- Lover of books and dark chocolate!
Coach Jennifer O’Donnell-Giles
- Registered Dietitian with dual Masters Degree in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology from Columbia University
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- Ten time marathon finisher, two time Ironman finisher and a three time Team USA Triathlete.
- 20 years experience as a coach
- Believes that “There is an Athlete in Everyone” and with sound training and fueling guidance each athletes true potential can be realized.
Coach Lynn Grieger
- RRCA Certified Running Coach
- Registered Dietitian and Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Has run a marathon in all 50 states after the age of 40
- Over 25 years coaching experience
- Her passion is to encourage runners to reach for their dreams one practical step at a time. It’s never too late to chart a healthy path!
Coach Chris Galaty
- RRCA Certified Running Coach
- 2:50 Marathoner; 18 marathon finishes; Ironman Triathlete
- Former high school cross-country and track & field coach
- A teacher at heart, his passion is to help runners to meet their goals without injury and see runners mentally and physically motivated to continue to train and race for many, many years.
Pricing and Availability
As a client you will be charged the personal coaching payment of $150 a month.
You are under no obligation to stay a member and are free to cancel anytime. We do request that you commit to a minimum of 3 months of personalized coaching. It’s hard for the coach to get the best results for you in less than 3 months. At this point we do not charge any one-time set up fees. *New clients are teamed up with coaches after sign up. Because of fluctuating availability and schedules we cannot guarantee which coach you will be assigned to.
After you sign up you will be sent an extensive coaching questionnaire so we can evaluate your running and health history, and available time to train. Then your coach will develop your strategic training plan and send it out in two to three week blocks. Your coach will want you to report back on your progress and you should feel free to ask question and get feedback. You will be able to communicate with your coach via email during the duration of your training.
As a coaching client you also get the benefits of Basic Academy Membership which includes access to all premium training lessons, videos, bonus interviews, back podcast episodes and our awesome private Facebook group.
Coaching Sign Up Form
Please review the following Coaching Waiver before signing up.
By ordering MTA coaching services you agree to the following:
Waiver of Liability In consideration of being permitted to participate in MTA coaching program, I, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, do hereby release, waive, covenant not to sue and discharge MTA Coach and Marathon Training Academy from liability from any and all claims including the negligence of MTA Coach and Marathon Training Academy resulting in personal injury, accidents, illnesses (including death), and property loss arising from, but not limited to, participation in MTA Personalized Coaching.
Assumption of Risks: Participation in running and conditioning programs carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. I know that running is a potential hazardous activity and certify that I am in good health and physically fit enough to enter into a training program. I acknowledge that I am aware of the many risks involved in athletic training in general and running training specifically, which risks include by way of example and not limited to: 1) Minor injuries such as scrapes, bruises, sprains and strains, 2) more serious injuries such as joint, muscle and bone injuries, concussions and other head injuries, heath related injuries such as heat stroke and heat exhaustion, dehydration and over hydration conditions such as hyponatremia, and catastrophic injures and conditions such as heart attacks and other conditions or injuries which could be fatal. I have read the previous paragraphs and I know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in training for and participating in road, trail and track running and racing and any other conditioning and cross training activities associated with that training. I hereby assert that my participation is voluntary and that I knowingly assume all such risks.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless: I also agree to IDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS MTA Coach and Marathon Training Academy from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney’s fees brought as a result of my involvement in MTA Training Program.
Severability: The undersigned further expressly agrees that the foregoing waiver and assumption of risks agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Missouri and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Acknowledgment of Understanding: I have read this waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement consisting of two pages, fully understand its terms, and I understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue. I acknowledge that I am signing the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
What Clients are Saying . . .
I’ve had Angie as a coach now for a little over a year and it has been the best money I’ve ever spent regarding my running. I’ve started to PRd in nearly every race I run since starting with her and cut over 30 min off my marathon time so far. -JJ Stark-Christian
MTA coach Chris Galaty is fabulous! I am a mid pack runner, however in these three weeks I’ve had a coach I have never been more accountable or motivated to run and adhere to the plan. -Emma Walsh
Angie Spencer is my coach for well over a year at this point. I’ve consistently gotten faster and less injury prone over that time frame. I’ve been achieving PR’s at every distance, yet I’m running fewer training miles than I did prior to MTA coaching. -Jon Lepley MD.
Boston bound! 3:21:52. I emailed Angie several times these last few days and needed every piece of information she give me to do this. -Lee Staats
If any of you are considering a coach I highly recommend Angie!!! Her plans are tailored to your very specific needs and goals. -Heather Panagopoulos
I’ve gone through a transformation in the last 7 months , from having a terrible 1st marathon experience, to having a fabulous 80K ultra last weekend . The big transformation is how I relax more about my running and really enjoying so many of its different aspects. I’m so grateful for you guidance over the last 7 months , without question you have transformed me from the clueless marathon guy who hobbled over the finishing line in terrible pain into a aerobic runner who now can dream of a 100K runs and beyond (and who owns a yoga mat!). -Enda Cleary
Client Profile Stories . . .
- Foti Panagakos -130 Races And Counting
- Henry Howard -From Injured to Boston Qualifier
- Debbie Gelber -A Vow to Exercise, Lose Weight
- Dan Savage -From Barely Walking to Ultra Running
- Jon Lepley -It Takes a Village to Build a Marathoner
Question? Send us a message through the Contact page.