*[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now]
We are excited to welcome Sean Astin back on the MTA Podcast! Sean plays Bob Newby in Stranger Things 2. He’s best known for the staring role in Rudy, Goonies, and playing Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. All my favorite movies!
He has completed 13 marathons and a full Ironman Triathlon to date.
In this interview you will hear about the races he’s done, the ups and downs, the #run3rd movement and the after school running programs he helped create.
Interview with Sean Astin
Sean Astin has over 140 acting credits to his name but if you visit his website you can also find his running story and marathon times proudly displayed.
- March 29, 1998 Los Angeles Marathon 4:04:42
- March 21, 2010 Los Angeles Marathon 5:16:12
- March 18, 2012 Los Angeles Marathon 4:25:47
- March 17, 2013 Los Angeles Marathon 4:42:31
- June 16, 2013 San Francisco Marathon 5:03:53
- October 13, 2013 Chicago Marathon 4:31:05
- October 26, 2014 Marine Corps Marathon 4:30:56
- November 16, 2014 Las Vegas Rock N Roll Marathon 5:03:53
- January 11, 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon 4:55:21
- April 20, 2015 Boston Marathon 4:49:53
- July 12, 2015 Vineman 70.3 Triathlon swim 42:10; bike 3:25:51; run 2:54:43; total 7:25:19
- October 10, 2015 Ironman Kona World Championship Triathlon. swim 1:45:00, T1 9:21, bike 7:11:56, T2 17:52, run 6:06:22, Total 15:30:31.
- October 9, 2016 Portland Marathon 5:55:56
- November 6, 2016 New York City Marathon 6:02:33
The #Run3rd 5k
The #Run3rd 5k in Mesa, Arizona, benefits after-school running programs that keep kids healthy. Sign up for the virtual event and get a cool shirt and medal. Use the promo code MTA to save $5.
#Run3rd is an inspirational Twitter campaign, a global movement sharing dedications made on behalf of people’s loved ones, causes and ideas. It was started by actor, activist and avid long-distance runner Sean Astin in January 2012, and has grown to encompass hundreds of runners, walkers and others around the globe who have taken its meaning and mission into their hearts.”
Also Mentioned In This Episode
#Run3rd 5k in Mesa, Arizona. Run the virtual race and get your #run3rd swag in the mail! Use the code MTA to save $5.00
Sean Astin website: http://www.seanastin.com | on Twitter @SeanAstin
Omax3 Ultra-Pure is the purest Omega-3 supplement on the market, containing nearly 94% high- quality Omega-3s. Try Omax3 Ultra-Pure today and get a box for free!
Sun Basket -makes it easy and convenient to commit to healthy eating. Get $35 off your first order through our link.
Our 2016 interview with Sean Astin about completing the Kona Ironman.
Quick Tip: How to Deal with Post Race Blues by Coach Angie Spencer
Last but not least!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the MTA Podcast and get more great tips, runner talk, and guest interviews. Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe on Android
No comments yet.