We are getting ready to launch Angie’s Fat Adapted Eating Plan -Burn Fat as Fuel. This plan has revolutionized the way fuel for marathons and eat in our every day lives. (I’ve had to get new pants because I went from a size 36 to a 32!)
Here’s a quick look at the healthy fats you will want to keep on hand if you want to become a fat adapted runner.
- Organic cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil- http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-extra-virgin-certified-organic-coconut-oil-54-fl-oz-17
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and Light Olive Oil for baking
- Sesame Oil
- MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil
- Almond milk
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Coconut milk or cream (full fat and without sugar)- can use in place of milk and cream
- Butter or ghee (clarified butter)
- Nuts (raw almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, macadamia, etc)
- Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia, flax, sesame)
- Cheese (cheddar, feta, mozzarella, Colby jack, etc- all except blue cheese)
One Final Word,
Don’t be Afraid of Fat. This is a key to staying full and satisfied. Remember, fat does not make you fat, sugar does. Eating more fat runs totally contrary to the advice of countless doctors and dieting books that have touted a low-fat diet for decades. Not to mention the official recommendations of the US Dietary Guidelines of 2010! Embrace the fact that you are officially “not normal”.