Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this podcast episode we speak with Erin Azar -the mother of 3 who became an internet sensation after sharing hilarious videos of training for her first marathon as a, “slightly overweight person who drinks too much beer”.
If you’ve ever struggled in your running I know you’ll resonate with what Erin has to share.
Erin Azar (Mrs. Space Cadet) has attracted over 700,000 followers and 31 million likes on TikTok. She refers to herself as an “expert struggle runner and struggle lifer” and her goal is to make running more approachable for beginners.
Interview with Erin Azar
Why I Run Podcast -hosted by Erin Azar and Ayo Akinwolere
REVEL Big Cottonwood. Register with code MTA10 for $10 off. REVEL is an incredibly fast and remarkably beautiful series of full and half marathons that take place in the most scenic U.S. locations. Their next race takes runners from the canyons of the Wasatch Mountains to the foothills of Salt Lake City, Utah on September 10th for the 10-year anniversary of REVEL Big Cottonwood
InsideTracker -get 20% off the entire InsideTracker store with our link! Created by leading scientists in aging, genetics, and biometrics, InsideTracker analyzes your blood, DNA, and fitness tracking data to identify where you’re optimized—and where you’re not.
MetPro Nutrition Coaching -speak with the experts who helped me fix my metabolism, lose unwanted weight, and drop my marathon times. The consultation call is free and if you decide to work them you can get $500 off their concierge coaching with our link.
- Tell us how you got started with your running journey? What was the motivation behind doing something so hard?
- What was your impression of running and runners before you got started?
- Did you ever guess how your “Team Struggle Run” training would resonate so strongly with people?
- How did you decide to start training for a marathon?
- How did your “running outfit of the day” pose come about? Since this is just audio can you describe it for us?
- How was your experience at the NYC Marathon? You ran as part of the Michael J Fox team to support Parkinsons research. Do you have a personal connection to that cause?
- How did you get the idea to start doing an interpretive dance to sum up your run?
- Do you want to continue doing marathons?
I had the opportunity of being interviewed with my dad in Erin’s Red Bull running podcast. We had a blast. We talked about still running together after 40 years.
I don’t follow her in social media, but I guess I will, starting now.
Fun interview. I love Erin’s energy and non-seriousness about running! Thank you.