*[Audio Content Available For Members Only. Click Here to Join Now]
In this podcast episode we speak with Bojan Mandaric co-founder of November Project, a free fitness movement which started in Boston and is now in 29 cites across the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
He’s co-author of November Project The Book – Inside the Free Grassroots Fitness Movement That’s Taking Over the World, published by Rodale.
What emerges from this conversation is the importance of bringing intensity into your next run or workout.
Questions for Bojan Mandaric
photo credit: Bojan Manderic / Kadi Kurgin
- You are originally from Serbia, what brought you to the U.S.?
- Let’s go back to the beginning, how the November Project start?
- How many cities are you in now? How big are the groups?
- Run us through some of the workouts that are standard at NP?
- Are group hugs the way every workout starts?
- Do you as a group leader feel the pressure to bring a high level of energy to every NP meeting?
- How does one bring more intensity into running/ working out?
- Do you have any mantras that help you?
- Is doing pushups in the mud a standard NP feature?
- Any favorite stories from infamous NP morning sessions?
- For those who don’t live in a NP city, what are some take-aways they can get from the book?
Also Mentioned in this Episode
We talked about a wide range of things on this episode! Here are the links that were mentioned.
- Madison Marathon and Big Sky Marathon – Angie and I are signed up for a marathon and half marathon respectively in Ennis Montana on July 23-24th. This should be fun!
- The Trekz Titanium bone conduction headphones by Aftershokz. I get to try a lot of cool gadgets through MTA and this does not disappoint!
These headphones actually rest on the outside of your ear and send sound via bone conduction. This enables you to hear your your surroundings all while jamming to your favorite music or podcast. Use the code MTA to save 15%.
- Health IQ Marathon Training Academy is sponsored by Health IQ an insurance company that helps health conscious people get special rates on life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/mta to support the show and learn more.
- The North Face Endurance Challenge Wisconsin. This race offers 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon Relay, Marathon, 50K or 50 Miles at Kettle Moraine State Forest (near Milwaukee) on September 17-18. Angie ran the 50 miler last year and loved it. Get 15% off entry when using the discount code MTA15 at checkout.
No comments yet.