Trevor and Angie are excited to finally run the Tokyo Marathon, which has been a long-time goal! They are running to support a worthy charity called Room to Read.
About Room to Read
They are achieving this goal by helping children in communities facing deep education inequalities develop literacy skills and a habit of reading, and by supporting girls as they build skills to succeed in school and negotiate key life decisions.
Room to Read has benefited more than 39 million children and has worked in 23 countries and in more than 49,000 communities, providing additional support through remote solutions that facilitate learning beyond the classroom. Room to Read aims to benefit 40 million children by 2025.MAKE A DONATION
MAKE A DONATION
2022 Annual Report
Read the annual report here.
- Expanded into two new geographies: Lebanon and Hong Kong
- Trained a record 277,000 teachers and librarians – more than six times any other year to date, largely due to our scale-up work in India
- Distributed more than 3 million new children’s books
- Published our STEAM-Powered Careers book collection in the U.S.
- Benefited more than 83,000 new girls with hands-on mentoring and life skills lessons
- Launched She Creates Change, a multimedia storytelling initiative with Rebel Girls
- The theme of this year’s report is “Celebrating Changemakers,” and I would like to take just a minute to celebrate you. The post-pandemic years have continued to challenge us in new ways, and your steadfast support has made an enormous difference. Millions of the world’s children – 6.5 million last year alone – are gaining the skills they need to build meaningful futures, thanks to your generosity.
- I hope you enjoy reviewing the year’s highlights. As always, please reach out if you have any questions.
Thanks for your support! Angie and I are proud to be running the Tokyo Marathon for such a worthy cause!